System Features & Specifications
Optimized for Helicopter
Our control system is forged from years of experience programming for the ultra-demanding “3D” flight in acrobatic helicopter competition circuits. This results in a control system that is best of its class and specially optimized for UAV helicopter platforms under 25kg.
Flight Control Software
Our flight control and navigation software is a graphical application that is tightly integrated with our control electronics to ensure optimal performance and safety • Professional Ground Station software with Primary Flight Display (PFD) • Comprehensive aircraft health monitoring • Offline map display (does not require an internet connection) • Redundant safety features built-in
Mission Control Unit
The Mission Control Unit (MCU), more commonly known as Ground Station, acts as the interface between the ground personnel and the UAV. Our Ground Control Station operates and monitors the UAV as well as receiving flight instructions through the user interface.
Flight Software Features
• Fully automatic takeoff and landing • Position hold • Full mission planning • Unlimited waypoints and actions • Survey wizard • One-key failsafe return home function • Full autopilot, autopilot assist, or manual control via PC joysticks or traditional RC controller • Auto-rotation on loss of power
• “Flybarless” integrated controller, for high reliability, efficiency, and mechanical simplicity. • High quality Pinpoint ™ gyro sensors, very low drift and high vibration resistance • ARM 32 bit M4 Processor • 4GB flash SD-Card logging • Shielded against EMI, RFI, and static shock • Operating temp -40c to +70c • Optimized for gasoline powered helicopters
SK-GPSU GPS Module
• ARM 32 bit M4 Processor • Includes position, 3D compass, and barometric altitude sensors • Shielded against EMI, RFI, and static shock • GPS+GLONASS with 1.0m accuracy, or GPS PPP high-precision with 0.5m accuracy • Near-future option for RTK differential GPS with cm-level accuracy
SK-TELEM1 Communication Radio
• 1-watt, 2.4 Ghz or 900mhz 1-watt telemetry radio (for SK1000) • 115kbs up to 250kbs data transmission rate • Near-future option for video capable communication radio with 12Mbps Ethernet and Serial transmission data • 5 to 15km line-of-sight range with high-gain antennas is to the horizon. True limit will be obstacle clearance and height of ground station antenna • Optional tracking antenna for long range data transmission up to 50km or more
Training, Software , Technical and Engineering Support
UAV systems are specialist equipment which usually represents a significant investment for the customer. Taking into consideration the ongoing costs of operating and maintaining the system, it is only imperative for our client to ensure their staff is fully trained to fully utilize the UAV equipment. We provide a comprehensive flight operation and safety training workshop, ongoing software and technical support, as well as engineering support for customization and special projects.
SKOOKUM UAV LTD has been making autopilots for micro-air vehicles since 2007. The core business for SKOOKUM UAV is developing and manufacturing highly competitive gyro stabilizers for the Radio-Control helicopters market, and have released a GPS-based assist autopilot on the market since the beginning of 2013. With a deep expertise in aviation, unmanned vehicles, and micro-aircraft dynamics, SKOOKUM UAV has expanded their business into the world of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), to cater the needs for a high performance, high precision, and high reliability flight control system specifically designed for the UAV commercial market. We have since developed a UAV Helicopter Flight Control System that will be unique in the market place. Our head office is located in Vancouver, Canada, and our Asia office is based in Kuching, Malaysia.
• Shielded against EMI, RFI and static shock, operating temp -40c to +70c
• High quality Pinpoint ™ gyro sensors and ARM 32 bit M4 Processor
• Industrial and commercial grade components for superior performance and reliabily
• One-on-one engineering support and software customization available for special projects
A very enjoyable weekend with the students and faculty staff at the Petronas University of Technology in Perak, Malaysia. Our team was honored to meet Dr Kamil, Dean of Faculty of Science & Information Technology and discuss about our UAV autopilot system and software, as well as future plans for the University and applications of Read more about Q&A and Flight Demonstration at the Petronas University of Technology, Malaysia.[…]
SKOOKUM UAV and our Radio Control division SKOOKUM ROBOTICS, are currently in Bangkok, Thailand attending the Thailand Heli Blowout. Turn out for the event was amazing. Below is a short flight demonstration we did today at the event. Helicopter is a GX9 50cc with our SK-1000 autopilot system. Fully autonomous flight mission demonstration with auto Read more about *VIDEO* We are in Bangkok, Thailand![…]
Our team met up with the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) to discuss about our autopilot system and different commercial UAV helicopter applications in Ireland. We were able to run various flight missions at the Weston Airport in Dublin, demonstrating our system’s capabilities and features. Exiting times ahead!
We are in Scotland meeting our clients and doing flight missions! Wonderful country and people.
We are excited to announce that our new SK900 autopilot system is shipping to customers. Below are some photos of the SK900 on a 800 electric helicopter shared by our customer.
KASAMA Helicopters Thailand, famous for their unique and out-of-the-box design, has developed an UAV helicopter that is one of a kind in the market today. We have been working closely with KASAMA testing their helicopter with our SK1000 autopilot system. More information to come.
On November 15, our Asia team was invited to participate in a community event organized by #Spritzer, where we assist in deploying seed balls from our UAV helicopter to enrich the ecosystem of riverbank communities. Our team were able to perform many autonomous missions continuously and dropping seed balls to riverbank areas that are not Read more about Seed Balls Deployment[…]
Another successful LIDAR mission in collaboration with our partner IR Technic in Malaysia! Mapping of hill cliff for the Public Works Department of Malaysia (JKR), for corrosion and landslide study using high-end scanning lasers (LIDAR) with accuracy up to 1cm. The demand for LIDAR mapping using UAV/Drone helicopters has grown considerably due to lower operating Read more about New LIDAR Mapping Mission[…]
Successful mission with our UAV helicopter and LIDAR in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Powered by our SKOOKUM UAV SK-1000 Helicopter Autopilot System. Total system payload of 5.0kg with 1.5 hours of fully autonomous flight. LIDAR capable of 700,000 point per second and 1cm accuracy with RTK. Perfect for mapping, topography, agriculture and geological applications. Contact us Read more about LIDAR Mission Success![…]
Great day at the SARAWAK ENERGY Information Day 2016, held in Kuching, Malaysia. We were able to showcase our SK-1000 UAV helicopter autopilot system and the response was really good. Looking forward to future collaboration with Sarawak Energy in the future.